Selecting Door Hardware: 12 Tips for Architects
Selecting door hardware for architectural projects is a difficult process. Architects need to consider which type of architectural door they are installing the hardware on, what architectural style their project is going to be, and how many people will be using the architectural door.
If you’re an architect who needs help selecting architectural door hardware for your next project, this blog post is just for you! We’ll discuss 12 tips that will help make your decision-making process much easier.
- Architectural door hardware is a great way to give your home some personality.
- Modern architectural door hardware is typically used on high end homes. It may be made of metal or glass and offers a variety of designs for the homeowner to choose from depending on their tastes.
- Architectural door hardware is usually the hinges, handles and other pieces that go on a door to make it functional. The type of material used in architectural hardware can vary from brass or copper alloys for heavy-duty use as well as more decorative finishes like bronze which are often found in luxury homes.
- Door hardware is an important part of any building. With all the different types available, it’s easy to get lost in the sea of choices and forget what your needs are for a door handle or lever latch installation.
- The first step would be figuring out if this project requires maximum security from vandalism (as opposed to burglary) because there may be alternatives such as sliding bolts instead of knobs for handles. Next think about whether people at both ends might want access independent control over closing/opening doors.
- The door’s hardware is as important to its appearance and function as any of the other elements on it. It can be a simple pull with no latch, or elaborate locks that provide security for your family. They have options for you whether you need something modern or want something more traditional depending upon what will work best in your house.
- Architectural door hardware is designed to suit an individual’s needs and tastes. This includes handles, hinges, locksets or deadbolts, as well as other types of hardware such as fire protection devices for exterior doors that are highly regulated in the United States by building codes.
- Each type has various styles with a range of prices available on the market today from premium brands like Baldwin Brass Company who have been crafting their products since 1875.
- Architectural door hardware is more than just a functional necessity to keep your doors closed. It can be an art form, and you should choose the style that suits best with your interior design choices.
- If you’re focusing on custom design and want to excel in the industry, you need an experienced hardware company by your side. With over 150 years of experience, we have what it takes to bring your vision to reality.
- We work closely with designers and architects to create a product that will go above and beyond your expectations for high-end residences or commercial buildings around the world.
- Robertson Technical is more than just a hardware company. Robertson Technical takes the time to work with Designers and Architects to ensure that your vision becomes reality, all while delivering on our high expectations for client satisfaction.
We create products for the uncompromising and self-starting customer, we make the impossible possible. Our steel door hardware will provide flair to any home or office and is a must have for unique projects.
Made of high quality materials, our products offer versatility to create new styles of furniture, produce inventive displays in retail environments and much more without wasting limited space at home.
We’re not just raising the bar, we’re building a new one. Robertson Technical designs and manufactures custom hardware for residential and commercial buildings worldwide.
We work with designers, architects, planners, engineers and clients to realize their unique vision—making sure everything is in perfect order on every level of finish from planning right through to installation.
Some of the most common door hardware items we sell are knob sets, mortise locksets, handlesets and decorative plates. We carry a variety of finishes from oil rubbed bronze to brushed nickel for all your needs.
If you have any questions about how our products can help improve your home’s curb appeal or give it that classic look with modern functionality, please feel free to contact us.
Architectural hardware is the perfect way to finish your project and make a lasting impression. Get in touch with us today for more information on our wide selection of door handles, hinges, latches and knobs available at affordable prices.
Architectural door hardware is a key component of any home. We can help you find the right type for your needs, at an affordable price point. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services.
Your front door is the first impression your guests, friends and family will have of you. What do you want them to see?
If it’s a beautiful entrance with fresh flowers in vases on each side or an elegant window that looks out onto your garden, then these architectural door hardware pieces are just what you need! Look through our gallery for some inspiration and contact us today for more information.
We want to be your first and only stop for all of your architectural door hardware needs. From the simple yet sophisticated design of our entry handles, mortise locksets, deadbolts or knobs with matching levers – we have it all!
With more than 100 years in business, you can always trust us to get the job done right. If you are looking for a custom solution that will work best within your budget and style specifications then please don’t hesitate to contact us today so one of our experts can find just what you need.
If you need a door hardware company that is committed to quality and customer service, we can help. We’ve been providing residential and commercial architectural door hardware solutions for over 50 years.
Whether it’s an entry set of knobs or hinges, trackless patio doors, or any other product in our catalog, the experts at Adams Hardware will be happy to answer your questions and provide guidance on how best to solve your needs.
You don’t have to settle for less when you’re looking for a partner in door security. Give us call today!
If you are looking to upgrade the look of your home, or just want a new door installed, consider installing architectural door hardware.
Architectural door hardware is usually made from brass and copper materials that can be customized with finishes like nickel, bronze, gold leafing and more.
The most common types of this type of hardware for residential homes include knob sets (which comes as single knobs or matching pairs), passage handles (to open doors without keyed locks) and privacy levers (for people who don’t need locks).
Installing these pieces in an existing space will instantly change the character of any home while providing homeowners with peace-of-mind knowing they have security measures in place at their front entranceway.
With the right architectural door hardware, you can make your entrance irresistible. If you want to get more people coming in and out of your place for business or pleasure, check out our selection of all kinds of door hardware from simple latches to locks that are as strong as Fort Knox.
We also have a variety of other products like hinges and knobs if you’re looking for something specific. Contact us today with any questions about what we offer or how it will work best for your needs.
A final note on door hardware is that it should be properly installed to ensure that the handle and lock work as intended. Make sure you have a licensed professional install your new architectural door locks in order to get them done right.
The last thing you want is for your customers or employees to not feel safe with their access control system when they are at home, going about their daily business, or out of town! If you need help locating an experienced installer in your area, give us a call today.
We will guide you through every step of the process from start to finish so that no detail goes unnoticed and all of your needs are met for this important upgrade.